The Children's Remedial Fund of Steele County is a program intended to provide financial support to eligible families who have children with medical, dental, vision, hearing, school supplies and winter clothing needs.
Children's Remedial Fund offers financial assistance to children in need of health care who are uninsured or have insurance with a high deductible. Services covered include medical, dental, vision, hearing, pharmacy and some mental health services. Applications are confidential. We can assist you in finding providers to help your child receive care. Every effort is made to continue care with your child's current provider. Interpreters are available through the schools to assist as needed.
In most cases, the program covers 80% of the cost of care up to $750 per year per child. Families are responsible for the remaining 20% of the charges. Some medical and vision care is covered at 100%.
School supplies and limited outer winter wear that is not available through other community resources, are also provided through this program.
Family Eligibility Requirements:
The Children's Remedial Fund provides coverage for *80% of approved charges. Payment is made directly to the provider. The remaining 20% is the responsibility of the applicant. *Some exceptions may apply.
"My 4-year[old was in pain. She needed dental work and we didn't have any money to take her to the dentist. Children's Remedial Fund paid for her to see a dentist and get treatment. ~Steele County Parent